In order to sell your clothes, shoes or purses on consignment, all items must be less than 1 year old, and on hangers that we’ll return. All items should be smoke-free, spotless, fresh and in great condition. We specialize in high-end designer women’s clothing, accessories and fine jewelry but also accept high-end gift items for men such as Hermes ties and designer watches. We cannot guarantee that we will accept all items.
Terms of Consignment
All consignors must fill out our consignment contract in order to open an account with us. Our contract includes the following information:
- Merchandise is left with Encore for a period of sixty days. The items will be reduced 25% after 30 days, and 50% the last week. After an item is sold, the funds will stay on your account and you many collect them at any time. All items are subject to a 25% price reduction at any time.
- The consigner receives 50% of the final selling price. A small buyers fee will be charged on items at the time of sale. This will not affect the 50% split between consignor and Encore.
- We price each item we accept based on our many years of experience in the industry. We will do our best to set reasonable prices for your items, usually 1/3 to 1/2 off the retail price, depending on their age and condition. Any item found to have a defect that was not called to our attention or found at the time of drop off may be reduced in price, removed from the sales floor, an/or donated without notice.
- At the end of your consignment term, you may have your items returned or we can donate them to Hospice by the Bay. We can give you a tax deduction receipt at the end of the year, if you ask.
- It is your responsibility to pick up unsold items the week after the expiration date we give you. Unclaimed items will become the property of Encore or be given to charity, at Encore’s discretion. If you will be out of town, call us a week ahead of your expiration date and we will do our best to hold your items. We do not call customers.
- All merchandise is left at the consigner’s risk. Encore is not liable for fire, theft or damaged items.
Encore has many years of experience working with both families and legal professionals handling the liquidation of estates. We’re sensitive to the feelings of family members and understand how difficult this task can be. At the same time, we are experienced in working with the executors of large estates and are prepared to answer any questions about the process. We can help assess, remove, and monetize the high-end women’s clothing and accessories of an estate – often all on the same day.
Please note: our merchandisers must review your items in person as we cannot make judgments based on photos. If you are unable to come to our store, you can ship items to us. Please call us for more information.